Friday, September 23, 2011

A Sweet Q&A with Selima Salaun by the CFDA

"Creativity strikes at any moment, as long as you are open to it" -our directrice Selima Salaun.

Always on my to-do list: an unbelievable amount of things that seems to never be done.
If I’m not in the studio, I am…visiting my stores, other stores, home, in a museum or traveling overseas.
I love visiting my store because…my clients inspire me.
My most exciting CFDA moment was…when I was selected to be on the selection committee and then the board of directors.
To me fashion is…therapeutic
My favorite interns are ones that...stay working in the company
You might be surprised to learn that I...ran the NYC marathon.
Designing is easy when…you do not worry about cash flow.
Creativity strikes… at any moment, as long as you are open to it.
Must admit I'm a little obsessive about...quite a few things.
When work gets stressful I…try to relativize
Last three books I read: Malavita by Tonino Benacquista. Le caveau de famille by Katarina Mazetti. The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.
Favorite food indulgence? The meringue cake at Cipriani
Can’t seem to stop collecting…accessories, books and movies.
My music play list has to include…disco
On my bucket list…do the spiritual walk of Compostela as described by Paulo Coelho
Exercise of choice? Swimming or Running
Always wearing…a dress and pink lipstick
It makes my blood boil when…people are mean.
I cannot stop watching…the stars
PC or Mac office? Both
If I didn’t work in Fashion I would most likely be..a veterinarian
The last thing I do before I go to bed…read
Next on my travel list…Paris and Tokyo.
Best part of being a CFDA member…being part of an amazing family!

Find more on Selima's feature and the Council of Fashion Designers of Amercia on their Tumblr today!

No comments:

Post a Comment